- I have a strong, loving husband who does everything he can to provide.
- The most wonderful person is donating life-saving bone marrow to my father, and there is a really good probability that he/she doesn't even know my father.
- I have extended family who is only a phone call away and will be there just as fast as my immediate family.
- I am thankful for my biological mother for doing the hardest thing she probably ever had to do in giving me up for adoption when she knew she was too young to take care of me. I had wonderful parents and an amazing life that I might not have been able to have otherwise.
- I have a beautiful house that is probably bigger than we need.
- I always have food in the fridge or cupboard.
- I am strong and healthy.
- I have friends and co-workers who really do have the best of intentions.
- I have clothes in my closet and shoes to wear.
- I have a steady job.
- I live in a free country where I am allowed to go to church, blog :) and attend school among many other things.
- We survived four really bad hurricanes several years ago and escaped with only material damage to the house and belongings, but we were OK.
- I am still, and will probably always remain, very thankful for all of those who flocked to help my neighbors and I after those horrible hurricanes with supplies and support.
- I am thankful for my education. I know that many people are not as lucky as I was in being able to afford college.
- I am thankful to God for making all of this possible.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
I sit here tonight curled in a blanket in front of my laptop, trying to hold back the tears. Those of you who know me know why, those of you who don't, suffice it to say that something is missing. Because I am in such a sad mood I thought, even though Thanksgiving was several weeks ago, I should make a list of things that I am thankful for, so here goes: