Saturday, July 19, 2008

How many push ups can YOU do?

To answer my own question : NOT MANY...yet. I came across hundredpushups.com and thought "maybe I can do this... maybe." According to the website, if you are faithful and determined, by the end of 6 weeks you should be able to complete 100 consecutive good form push-ups. I have always hated, despised, abhorred, and loathed push ups. I'll do any other torturous exercise known to man except for push-ups. Even the girlie-on-your-knees push-ups suck. However, I really do need do work on upper body strength and how cool would it be to be able to brag to my military hubby that I can do 100 push ups? So I shall start this program, in addition to my running, to help with my upper body strength. My only consern at this stage in the game is my rotator cuffs/shoulders. Due to an old injury...well... they aren't as stong as I'd like them to be. But we'll see how it goes. Hopefully the push-ups will strengthen them as well.

For anyone who is interested in this site, either who want more info on it or what to maybe join the challenge with me, the link is of course in this post, but I will also add it to my favorite links over there on the sidebar!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Didn't realize you had a blog either - until I saw your comment on mine. My husband, Shannon, told me about this site the other day. I suppose now I'll really have to go and check it out. So... how's it going? (the Push-Up Training, I mean) :)

Cole said...

So far so good! I'm only on day two of week one with SORE arms... but it's a good kind of sore. Lets me know I did somehting! haha

Stats