Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My daybook

FOR TODAY



I am thankful for...
All the time I got to spend with my dad.  Seven years ago, the doctors told him he only had 3 years to live.  He made almost 7 1/2.  That's 4 1/2 more years than we planned for :)
From the kitchen...
I can't wait to try this one!

Tropical Kielbasa
Ingredients
2 lbs kielbasa

2 cups ketchup
1 cup brown sugar
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (undrained)
Instructions
1 Slice Kielbasa into 1/2 inch slices and place in crockpot;.
2 Add ketchup, brown sugar and the can of pineapples;.
3 Stir until thoroughly blended;.
4 Cook on low in crockpot for approximately 4-5 hours.
I am wearing...
One of my daddy's Relay for Life shirts and a pair of cargo shorts

I am creating...
(another) new workout schedule.  I've been a couch potato too long.  I've got to beat this depression that has been trying to creep in since daddy's passing.  I need to get those endorphins going.  Daddy wouldn't want me to mope!
I am reading...
Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M Auel.  I read these when I was in HS but I just started re-reading them on my Kindle.

Around the house...
I just got my AC fixed today!!  When I was pregnant with Baby Girl, our AC went kaput.  We got a new one installed and all was great...for almost a year when the condenser had to be replaced (after much hassle from the manufacturer since it was still under warranty).  Then the day after Daddy's funeral, I walk back into my house to find it had broken AGAIN!  Luckily the distributor, rather than the manufacturer, was fabulous and after getting fed up with the manufacturer, decided to replace my entire system with a new brand.


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Baby Girl trying to clean up the mess she made
with her peas at dinner

The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Oh my goodness. Your baby girl is precious. So precious.

What a bummer that your air conditioner has been such a hassle... even more of a bummer because you live in FL. :) Though I guess the silver lining to that cloud is that it broke again in February and not July. ;)

Good luck with getting started again on running. I think of you from time to time when Shannon heads out the door multiple times a week to run. He's training for a half marathon next month. He's the lone runner in this family. :) Though I am looking forward to warmer weather when I can rollerblade again.

LeAnn said...

I enjoyed dropping by and reading your daybook entry. Many years ago I used to run until I broke my ankle. I have to move a little slower now.
I loved your I Am thoughts.
It will be fun to follow along on your run.
Check out my blog Living Waters@
http://lgwilliams.blogspot.com

Stats