Thursday, June 16, 2011

SOAP journal - part 2

Today I read 1 Samuel chapters 1-6

S-Scripture:
1 Samuel 3:18
18 So Samuel told him everything, hiding nothing from him. Then Eli said, “He is the LORD; let him do what is good in his eyes.”
O-Observation:
Samuel has just had a vision that Eli, his father, will indeed see the wrath of God. He is told that all of his descendants will die young, yet he graciously accepts his punishment for his sins against God simply saying, "Let him do what is good in his eyes." He trusts that even though it is not what he wishes for himself and his family, that God is forever doing only what is necessary for the greatest good to come about.
A-Application:
Similar to yesterday's application, I see that God will use unpleasant things in our lives to bring about a change. He alone knows what the future holds and what each disappointment, difficulty, and struggle will do for us all in the long run. I need to remember that even though I may be in a low point in my life and wonder why God would allow this to happen to me, to my family, I have to trust that God would not bring me to it if He didn't plan to bring me out of it.
P-Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for the faith you have in me to overcome these difficult times. Please continue to hold me in your hands and give me the serenity to feel your peace in my life when times get difficult. Amen.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

So encouraging to see the things that God is teaching you. That sounds like an interesting way of journaling. I really enjoy journaling and have a stack of them that I've filled in the last 10 years. It's always fun to go back and see all that God has taught me through my circumstances and His word.

p.s. I'm also reading through the Bible chronologically this year and got a bit behind so I'm in Samuel and Chronicles now. :)

Stats