Saturday, August 30, 2008

Capoeira

Hubby and I went to our first (ok, MY first, his first in a long time) Capoeira class. WOW! Yep, that about sums it up, just WOW! It was really hard and I ended up using pretty much all the muscles I knew I had and then a few I didn't even know were there, but it was so much fun! If you have no idea what Capoeria is, first go check out a few videos on YouTube. Just punch in "Capoeria" and there will be a bunch! This one is really cool, and I like this one too, but I think the main reason I like it is because it's a kick-ass girl!

From my understanding (and someone please correct me if my info isn't quite correct), Capoeira originates in Brazil where slaves weren't allowed to practice any form of martial arts. So, those sneeky Brazillian slaves disguised thier fights as dances and thus Capoeira was born.

This was a free demo class given by a guy Hubby met online who is starting to give classes. THe problem is that the only place he is having classes is about 45 minutes from our house on Saturday mornings. 45 mins sucks, and Saturdays are when I have my marathon training runs, there is NO way I can get into both on the same day. Luckily, he was able t give us the number ofa girl who gives classes a little closer to us and on several days throughout the week, so who knows, this could become a habit!

Today was also the first day of group training for Team in Training. Knowing I was going to go to this class with my hubby, and that I have a 10K tomorrow, I only walked. Trust me, I got plenty of exercise at Capoeira, and tomorrow I'll run 6.2 miles (or if my muscles ae still ticked off at me from today, I'll waddle for 6.2 miles).

For now, I'm going to go soak my poor poor muscles!

No comments:

Stats