Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Seeing the world through Elizabeth's eyes

A little while ago, a friend of mine, Elizabeth, wrote this blog that really got me thinking about the beauty around me and really seeing all that is around me. So many times we miss the truly extraordinary because we don't take the time to slow down and really SEE the wondrous sights there are all around us.

I work with disabled children on a daily basis and have no problem whatsoever seeing the beauty and wonders that lay within each precious child, so why is it so hard to see the beauty and wonders in my own life tat are right outside my front door?

I decided to grab my camera and take a walk outside in my yard to see what little pieces of Heaven I could find and these are the miracles that found me:

and I finally decided that this:


is where I think I would like to plant some pineapples to remind me of Elizabeth's blog which will in turn hopefully remind me to look for God's beauty everywhere on a more daily basis... not to mention eventually give us some yummy pineapples!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Wow! Thanks! I feel honored. What a pleasant surprise on day that needed all the sunshine it could get! :)

Your pics are amazing! My favorites are the citrus (top left) and the palm trees.

Teresa said...

Love the pictures! They are beautiful.

Stats