Sunday, September 21, 2008

Yes, I cooked... and no one died lol

Mmmmm......

I don't often cook, because well, I don't like cooking and frankly, I'm not very good at it having never been allowed in the kitchen when my mother was cooking (that's a blog for another time...when I have LOTS of time haha). But I've been checking in with a few cooking blogs lately and dabbling a bit more in the kitchen (Who know that that thing under the stove is a broiler, not just another place to stash those unused pots and pans!).

I decided to try Parmesan chicken tonight with spaghetti and a salad. Hubby was gone all weekend with the Navy and I knew from a cell phone call that he wasn't having the best of times, so I decided to try to have a nice dinner ready for him when he got home. Normally for dinner either he grills or we go out so it is rare that I do anything other than a couple of casseroles that I have under my belt or spaghetti and meat sauce so I thought I'd start easy and just make my old standby of spaghetti and not add the ground beef to the sauce (from a jar lol- let's not get crazy here) then add the chicken as well.

It turned out really well and I'm quite proud of myself :) I'll have to add this to my very short cooking repertoire. Just patting myself on the back here...

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I love that Parmesan Chicken recipe. :-)That's one of our favorites around here. Good for you!

Cole said...

Thanks! We really liked it too!

Stats