Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday Menu Plan

It's been a while since I've posted a menu plan so I thought in an attempt to get my life organized and continue my cooking self-study (two New Year's Resolutions I'm starting RIGHT NOW), I figured I try it again.

Tonight (Monday) - Hubby has some steaks marinating which he is going to grill tonight on his day off, mashed potatos, and my Assistant Principal's English Pea Casserole (but I'm substituting sweat peas and cutting the recipe in 1/2 - Recipe below)

Tuesday - Grilled chicken with left over pea casserol and rice (hubby's night off again so he grills!!)

Wednesday - Tater tot casserol (Recipe Below)

Thursday - Crockpot Chicken and Corn Chowder

Friday - C. O. R. N.

Saturday - Breakfast Casserole - I'm going to try to cut the recipe in 1/2 here too since it is just hubby and I and we don't need 12 servings!

Sunday - Bridal show/dress shopping with my newly engaged sister! :) I'm sure we will eat out somewhere. I'm meeting her future mother in law! LOL

*****

Tanja's English Pea Casserole
1 stick butter
1c chopped celery
1c chopped onion
2 cans English Peas, drained
1 jar pimiento, chopped
1 jar water chestnuts, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese

Saute the onions and celery in butter. Combine veggies w/ peas, water chestnuts, pimientos, and soup. Pour into casserol dish topping with cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until hot and cheese melts. Serves 12-15


Tater Tot Casserole
1 lb cooked ground beef
8 oz shreaded cheddar cheese
1 can french green beans
1 can cream of mushroom soup
tater tots

Mix ground beef (I usually cook mine with onions, garlic, etc), soup, beans, and 1/2 of the cheese together and spread on the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese then tater tots. Cook 20 minutes on 400.

With Orgjunkie's help, maybe I'll be able to handle these resolutions. Visit her blog for organizing tips, including Menu Planning Mondays!

No comments:

Stats