Friday, June 5, 2009

Happy 5th Anniversary

Today is my 5th wedding anniversary, however, in an effort to preserve my husbands few personal days for when our child is born, we decided to take a small romantic get-away a few days early during his off-days. Since it is so close, and I went to college there, we decided that St Augustine would be the perfect place. We stayed at a little bed and breakfast right downtown called The Inn on Charlotte. It was a beautiful old house and I have to say, Lynne, the innkeeper, makes a FANTASTIC breakfast and is a wonderful host! The room was small but very cozy, private, and romantic with a beautiful (and very comfie) bed and an in-room jacuzzi tub for two!

Because we weren't staying long, just a couple of days, and because I'm pregnant and didn't want to walk all over creation, being right downtown was perfect for us. We didn't do too much, but we did visit the Castillo de San Marcos (the old fort), walk down St George Street and visit many of the shops, Walk through the Spanish Village (It was free with our military ID!), look through the Oldest Wooden Schoolhouse. We also walked around the old Mission Grounds (Mission of Nombre de Dios) and the shrine of Nuestra Senoria de la Leche y Bien Parto (Our Lady of the Milk and Happy Delivery - appropriate huh?).

I also took hubby to visit my old Alma Matter, Flagler College. It was amazing how many memories came flooding back just walking on campus. Good memories, funny memories, some I'd rather forget... I wouldn't have changed a thing about my college years though, it helped to make me who I am today. (I'm not real sure why the picture below turned sideways when I tried to add it but I couldn't get it to turn back around.)


It was a wonderful little anniversary vacation for us before the baby is born, just the two of us; my favorite person and I, in my favorite city.

No comments:

Stats