Saturday, June 6, 2009

Locks of Love

A few years ago I cut my hair in front of a classroom full of students for Locks of Love. The class read a book (I can't remember the name of it now - sorry) about a young girl with a disease causing her to lose her hair and preventing her from regrowing it. Her best friend, at the end of the novel, chose to cut off her long beautiful hair to donate to Locks of Love for a wig for her friend. It was the first time I had actually donated my hair, in fact, it was the first time I had ever cut THAT MUCH hair off!

It was a great experiance and I'm glad I was able to share it with some of my students.

It was such a great experiance that I did it again, but this time I waited until after school was out to cut my hair. Last Friday, I walked into the local Hair Cuttery and chopped off about a foot of hair! I forgot to snap a "before" pic prior to having my hair washed so the best I have is my wet hair hanging down my back before the cut.



I have to say, I LOVE MY NEW SHORTER HAIR! I keep forgetting that it is short though. I go to hold it back while getting a drink from a fountain, I keep brushing my neck forgetting that my air doesn't extend down that long anymore, and I often get way to much shampoo or conditioner in my hand before washing (what's left of) my hair. I cant remember a time that my hair was this short before, but I think I really like it!

It is so much easier. It really is a wash and go style. My long hair was kind of wash and go,but it was more of a wash, fight the tangles, firght to dry, go, get annoyed with it, tie it back in a ponytail. This is literally wash, comb (easily) and go. It dries pretty quickly on its own so I don't even bother dragging out the hair dryer unless I really need to.

The only problem I have found so far is a minor one. I always knew I had two cowlicks in the front of my head making bangs difficult to say the least (which is why I don't have bangs), but Ihave now discovered yet another cowlick in the back of my head!! Luckily, this cowlick isn't too onery and will lay flat it I get it wet and either blowdry it or even if I let it dry natural, however, the next morning....POP... there it is... time to pull out my spraybottle! :)

Opinions?


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Stats