Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Today I.....

...went for a run.  Week 3 of the C25K which was a 5 minute warm up, 90 second run, 90 second walk, 3 minute run, 3 minute walk, repeat the 90/90 and 3/3, then finally a 5 minute cool down.  Baby Girl went with me in the stroller.  She loves the wind in her face!

...finished a recipe project I started yesterday.  I decided to start a "blog" for all my recipes.  It's not really a blog so much as a place for me to keep all my recipes online so that I don't have to go searching for them all over the place (random cookbooks, food boxes, websites, etc).  I also figured that I couldn't lose them so easily this way! I'm not a great cook nor do I really enjoy cooking if truth be told so there isn't much and all the recipes are pretty simple.

....played with Baby Girl!  I love these summer days where I can just sit on the floor with my baby girl and just let her crawl all over me and giggle!  Oh how I love hearing her giggle!!

...got a headache and took a nap during Baby Girl's afternoon nap.  The house didn't get cleaned up (oh well!) but that nap was MUCH needed!

...remembered to log all my food!  I earned nearly 300 extra cals by running, and came in at 18 cals under my "lose 1.7 pounds a week" goal - but I didn't quite reach my water goal...unless you count the 12oz of gatoraide and the glass of chocolate milk after my run towards it ;)

Doesn't sound like too usy of a day...but I'm exhausted now so it's off to dreamland to refresh for another great day tomorrow!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

So fun that you made a recipe blog. :) I've really had to adapt my recipes and become a lot more creative since moving to Prague. It's definitely not as easy to buy packaged things here. And surprisingly I'm finding that I really enjoy cooking!

Enjoy your summer days with your sweet girl... and don't feel the least bit guilty about not being "busy."

Cole said...

I'd love to hear some of your Prague recipes! I have a good friend whose mother is from Germany. She will make things once in a while that I love and ask for the recipe. She'll laugh, tell me that she would be happy to give me the recipe, but that one or mre of the ingredients have to be bought in Germany and she just used the last of her store of it! One of these days I'm going to stow away in her suitcase when she goes to visit family!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Hmm... now that it's summer and my husband bought a grill recently we're doing a lot more grilling... and then eating leftovers for a few days. In the winter we eat a lot of soups. I posted a recipe for one of our favorites recently on my blog. And you're right, there are other recipes I like now that use "Czech ingredients" like Niva - a cheese similar to blue cheese - that I use over pasta with chopped spinach and chicken. So yum, but not an ingredient you can buy in the states!

Stats