Sunday, October 26, 2008

Menu Planning Monday

Ahhh Life.. You have to love it, but it seems to get in the way of the best laid plans!

Last week's food adventures:

Monday Hubby and I went to Capoiera. Wasn't pretty. Perhaps it was because I had run a 1/2 marathon the day before or because I hadn't eaten much that day but I was not on my game what-so-ever!

Tuesday I made the Pizza Pinwheels and hubby and I LOVED them! They were a tad burnt on the edges and a tad doughy in the middle so next time I'm going to try decreasing the heat and keeping them in a tad longer to see if that helps. This is without a recipe I will keep! I only got a picture of what they looked like going into the oven (I don't have a round cookie sheet so I just used what I had), because they were devoured soon after coming out of the oven!

Hmm...what happened Wednesday? Oh yeah, Hubby decided to take me out to dinner because I had a looooooooong stressful day at work! Who am I to pass up an evening out with my gorgeous husband?

Then Thursday I came home read to take the meat out of the fridge to make the meatloaf (changing my plan of potato casserole to Sunday night) only to find that Hubby had taken out and was marinating some steaks he wanted to grill. Again, if you've ever had my hubby's grilling, you know not to mess with perfection and let him at it!

Friday was my 5K race...I did well but didn't have time to make a/didn't want to eat a "real" meal before running so I just grabbed a granola bar before the race. After the race I ran into some friends of mine that had also run and we went to get pizzas.

Saturday I was on my own as Hubby was out of town. I ran 10 miles in the morning and was then starving all day. I ate everything I could get my hands on that didn't require much energy or effort to make as I was too tired to stand for long! On top of the Power bar/moons/recovery drink I had before/during/after my run, I ate cereal, pretzels, waffles, and a couple of PB&J sandwiches. There were probably more than a couple chocolate peanut butter cups too!


On Sunday hubby called to tell me he was on the way home and I went ahead and had the meatloaf and shells and cheese ready when he got here! Although I think I may alter it a bit and add more ground beef, it was absolutely delicious! I used my "low fat" meat loaf pan (it has 2 layers, the top part has holes in the bottom to drain off the fat which collects in lower) and it was still very moist and wonderful!



*********************


This week I want to try to make this pumpkin bread recipe I found over at 100 Days to Christmas. I'm not going to commit to a day to make it, because... well, like I said, life tends to get in the way and with as busy as I am lately, it's a wonder I have time to do any cooking! However, if this pumpkin bread is good enough to make someone who claimed to have had THE BEST pumpkin bread recipe change their mind and start using this one instead, it's worth a shot!It is supposed to be really moist and yummy. I'll definitely let you know how it turns out for me! I do need to go get a few things from the grocery store in order to make it though.

I also want to make Chicken Breast Supreme one night. I have most of the ingredients already so no shopping for this one :)

I am also going to make the Hot Potato Casserole sometime!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your style of menu planning. I usually plan my meals to the day, but know that it is just a guideline. I definitely tend to move meals around depending on time schedules. Can't wait to hear how you like the bread!

Jen
http://www.100DaystoChristmas.com

Stats