Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Teaser Tuesday

Although I haven't finished reading Brisingr yet, I am also reading The Non-Runners Marathon Guide For Women, Get Off Your Butt and On With Your Training by Dawn Dais. It is a hysterically funny look on one woman's race to become a marathon runner. It is a must-read for anyone trying or thinking about trying to run those 26.2 miles of hell that only us crazy people do. My teaser sentences come from page 64.

"Chipper Jen had told me to look for a multivitamin and a vitamin by the name of 'glucosamine,' which is supposed to help my knees and other joints. Instead of glucosamine, I've always used the popular 'sit-on-my-ass-amine' vitamin, and my knees have never hurt."

Teaser Tuesday, hosted by Should Be Reading, asks you to grab your current read, open to a random page and post 2 sentences between lines 7 and 12, avoiding spoilers and posting the title and author as well. I don't often participate, but the last two Tuesday's I've had something to share so I played along! :) I'd love to hear about what you are reading, even if I don't have time to read much right now!




No comments:

Stats