Monday, August 9, 2010

First Day of School

Today is the first day of school for my county.  I have a love/hate relationship with this day.  It's a great fresh new start...but it means saying goodbye to sleeping in and a whopping 180 school days until summer vacation!

The things I love about the first day of school:
  • freshly sharpened pencils and other school supplies
  • clean never used notebooks
  • kids wearing their cutest new school clothes
  • I get to wear my cute new school clothes
  • desks aligned just so (not necessarily in rows, but still all in order)
  • cute bulletin boards
  • high expectations for a great year
  • ideas for new curriculum, behavior management, and/or activites and lesson plans
  • it's easier to stick to a healthy eating plan because I pack only good-for-me foods and don't give candy/food rewards to my students
  • my classroom library is still organized
  • seeing the kids smiling faces
  • all the parents still think you are a fantastic teacher
Because tomorrow is 10 on 10, I took a few pictures of today so that I can share them tomorrow :)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Stats