Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday Teaser - Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer

Baslow Methodist Church. former Wesleyan Metho...Image via Wikipedia
Today's teaser comes from the book that my Sunday School class is currently reading and studying.  It is a fantastic book that really makes you examine the way you think about things and explains that you mind is a battlefield; the devil is desperately trying to take control of your mind and then your actions.  We have been SLOOOOOOOWLY going through it because it is so inspiring that we tend to stop and discuss it at length, thoroughly enjoying the thoughts and sparks of conversation it inspires.

Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
"My husband on the other hand, never worried.  There was a time when I would get angry at him because he would not worry with me - and join me in talking about all the gloomy possibilities if God did not come through and meet our needs." pg 128 Chapter 12 "An Anxious and Worried Mind"
(Please note, the building at the top of the blog is the Baslow Methodist Church. It was formerly the Wesleyan Methodist Sunday School and has an 1822 date stone.  It is not the church that I attend, although I do attend a Methodist Church.  I just thought it was a really cool old church...1822...WOW!)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Stats