I know I wasn't very good this past week. But please please please don't go higher than you did last week...please! If you only stay the same then I swear, I'll be a good girl from now on.
And the answer is......
My plea was granted! WHooo Hoooo :) Thank you dear Bathroom Scale. I swear I will keep up with my end of the bargain!
These were my goals last week:
1. Continue with my running (3x's a week). I'll be at my Mother-in-law's Sunday/Monday so it may end up being Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday rather than my normal Monday/Wednesday/Friday... then again...maybe I'll bring my running stuff to her house and let her watch the little one while I go for a run... Hmmm... decisions, decisions...
2. Try one new healthy recipe. Any suggestions?
3. Log my food/water
4. I will plan my snacks and meals and eat them at set times so that I'm not munching just to do it.
Well, I managed to reach one of the goals...#2. I made Chicken Pot Pie that was delicious! I found it on a Weight Watchers site. I don't do WW or watch points but it was only 4.5 points per serving...however for those like me who need "real" numbers, there were around 250 cals per serving and 4.7 g of fat, but A LOT of sodium. Hmmm Need to do better on that.
I have also found a new yummy (healthy) snack food. Dried vegetable chips. YUMM-O! I may have to try to make some of my own.
As for #1... I brought my clothes to run Monday at my MIL's but forgot how uncomfortable her guest bed is. I slept OK but woke up stiff and my back was a bit sore, so I decided that I would wait until Tuesday and run at home T/Th/Sat. Well, we didn't get home until LATE LATE LATE (for me) on Monday night so I didn't get to bed until nearly 1am. I totally missed my window of opportunity to run the next morning seeing as how it is too hot to even think about running by 8am. I was still in dreamland until Baby Girl woke me up. "OK, I'll run Wednesday and get this started again"...or so I thought. Baby Girl got a cold and coughed all night Tuesday night so no sleep for mommy. No sleep = no run. Sigh. I did manage to run this morning. I did Week 4 day 3 of the C25K plan (5 min warm up, run 3 min, walk 90 sec, run 5 min, walk 2.5 min, run 3 min, walk 90 sec, run 5 min, 5 min cool down. I actually had about a 7 minute cool down because I wasn't quite to my house at the end of my 5 minutes of cool down walking. I figured after a week off it wouldn't hurt to repeat the last day of last week before starting week 5 next week. Next week is 5 minute warm up, run 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes, (repeat 2 more times), 5 minute cool down.
We did however, take Baby Girl for a walk after dinner on Tuesday and Thursday. I plan to do it again tonight - weather permitting.
As for goals #'s 3 & 4.... I wasn't home. OK...Yes I was....and I made poor choices. I wasn't home on Monday, that part is true. Also, Wednesday I did have to take my daughter to the doctor in the morning and didn't get home until early afternoon, but other than that I was pretty much home on Tuesday, Thursday and today. Thursday and Friday were better than earlier in the week, but 2/7 isn't a majority!
I know what to do. Why am I not doing it?? I think I am lacking motivation :(
So...in hopes to motivate me by keeping my motivation at the front of my mind, and taking some of my own advice that I recently dished out to a friend of mine...here is some of my motivation that I need to keep in mind:
- Baby Girl needs me to be a healthy adult roll model so that she grows up to be a healthy adult. I need to make a healthy lifestyle a habit now so that she doesn't see me struggling with it later on when she is old enough to realize what is going on.
- Baby Girl needs me to be active enough to play, run, and generally have fun with her. Who wants a party pooper mom who won't play with her? Blah...no fun!
- I need to be in shape to run the 1/2 marathon in November with my friends. They've never run a marathon before so they are counting on me to know what I'm doing and be able to do it!
- Run at least twice (I say 2X's rather than 3 because hubby and I have a wedding to go to out of town* so will be gone for a bit. I don't know that I want to run in a strange, unfamiliar place. Maybe the hotel will have a treadmill...that would be cool!)
- Log my food for the days that I am home, and be mindful of what foods I choose and how much I eat while we are gone. I should say log my food even when I'm gone but I'm trying to be realistic here. We will be with friends that my husband hasn't seen since he was stationed in Japan with the Navy and some that I've never even met. It will be difficult to log everything by logging in on my phone and guessing at what everything was that I just ate. Rather than logging it online in my food diary via my phone (which is a PITA), I'm thinking I'll print out a couple of these to carry with me. (if you'd like a different printable food journal, here are some others.)
I WILL be able to manage that! I can do this :)
*Which reminds me....Because we will be gone, I might not get around to doing Fitness Friday until Saturday or Sunday next week! We may bring a laptop and I might get it done but if you've ever been in a big wedding then you know...there is no guarantee I will have time!