Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday Menu Planing

Perhaps one week I will actually be able to stick to a weekly menu plan. Last week was without a doubt NOT the week I was going to be able to manage it.

Monday is still a blur. That is the day I found out about my uncle and hubby was gone. I don't remember eating lunch or dinner at all that day!

Hubby was also gone on Tuesday, but I did manage to eat some cereal and fruit for dinner.

Wednesday was a long day with work. I had school all day then Parent/Teacher conferences that night. After the conferences, hubby took me to a buffet down the road.

Thursday I took off for the viewing. Lunch was a bag of Combos on the drive home and dinner was at a restaurant called Jimmy T's after the viewing. I split some bacon cheese fries with my cousin Josh (along with many other family members who grabbed a few) then ate part of a grilled chicken Caesar salad.

Friday was the funeral. After the burial, the church had a large lunch for the family. Fried chicken, mac and cheese, potato salad, deviled eggs, salad, and pound cake. Hubby ordered a pizza for us when I called to tell him I was almost home that night (he was unable to go to the funeral due to work).

Saturday morning he took off for the weekend (preparing the training for the Navy this week), so essentially, I didn't cook at all this week with the exception of Sunday.

Sunday I made the Stuffed Green Peppers. Put them together and popped them into the crock pot after I ran, ready by the time Hubby came home. Instead of regular rice though, I used Knor's Rice Side's Beef Flavored rice. It was all I had :) They turned out a bit soggy but not too bad. Not my favorite new recipe but one to keep anyway :)

This week is going to be a bit crazy as well. Today should be our Capoiera class (if we make it), Tuesday is Veteran's Day and then Wednesday afternoon Hubby is taking off with the Navy for training (again) for a week. Thursday I'm having a fundraising Body Shop at Home party so I will have finger foods for all the gals.

**********************
Monday: Capoiera class - Perhaps Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole if there is time to make it before we go.
Tuesday: Veteran's Day! :) Taking Hubby out to thank him for all he does for me and our country!
Wednesday: On my own -leftovers?
Thursday: Body Shop at Home Party! Buffalo Chicken Dip (recipe below) with Tortilla Chips, a Fruit and Veggie tray, maybe a bowl of some left over Halloween candy...
Friday: On my own -More leftovers?
Saturday: At my mom's for an early Thanksgiving
Sunday: On my own - Leftovers from Moms?


Buffalo Chicken Dip
4 Chicken breasts - cooked and chopped/shredded
1 12oz bottle Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce
2 8oz bricks cream cheese, softened
1 16oz bottle ranch dressing
1/2 c. finely chopped celery
shredded cheddar to spread over top

Mix chicken and hot sauce. layer in a 13x9 baking dish. Heat cream cheese and ranch dressing in a sauce pan. Stir till smooth. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle celery over cheese/dressing mixture. Sprinkle cheese over celery. Bake @ 350 degrees for 20 minutes until bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.

2 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Delicious meal plan! :D What a great idea to take your dh out for Veterans Day! :D

That buffalo chicken dip sounds delish!!

teachermomof2 said...

Your menu sounds good! We love buffalo chicken dip! It's also great with fritos.

Blessings,
Lisa

Stats